HIGHLANDS INTERNATIONAL BOARDING SCHOOL
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Highlands international Boarding School (“the school”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the act”) and its regulations in protecting our students’, staff and parent/legal guardian (“You” or “Your”) personal information. This notice will inform you of your rights with regards to your personal data that has been and/ or will be, collected and processed by us.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data that we collect and process, include but is not restricted to:
2. Identity Card No;
4. Email address;
5. Mobile phone no;
6. Employment/ Occupation;
7. Previous qualification;
9. Marital status;
10. Passport No;
11. Sensitive personal data (Race/ Religion)
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The school will use your personal data for the following purposes including but not limited to:
1. To process application for student admission and staff recruitment;
2. To pursue/collect any sums in arrears by the parent/guardian;
3. To maintain student’s/staff’s personal details, academic and non-academic records;
4. To provide the relevant administration support, counselling and correspondence;
5. For any other purposes relating to our provision of service e.g Eduseeds program, student ID, staff ID and etc.
6. To contact student’s/staff’s next of kin, in case of emergency;
7. To communicate with students/staff/parents on any important announcement;
8. To comply with governmental requirement e.g employment and student visa application, teaching permit application, Statutory (KWSP,SOCSO & EIS, Income Tax, HRDF, Insurance Policy) and etc.
SOURCE OF PERSONAL DATA
The school may obtain your personal data from the following sources including but not limited to:
1. Application form;
2. Website Enquiries;
3. Business cards;
4. In person over the phone;
5. Previous qualification related documents and/or certificate;
6. Previous educational institution and other government entities.
7. From electronic and paper documentation e.g emails, invoices, admission form, letters to our school, our school’s website or school’s social media);
8. CCTV located in the school.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The school may disclose your information to the categories of third parties as listed below (not limited to):
1. The Ministry of Education, other relevant government department & statutory authorities;
2. Malaysian Immigration Department & its appointed agencies;
3. Third parties appointed by the school such as auditors, insurance companies, training organizer, lawyers & printing services.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
When personal data is stored by the school, we use computer system with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. The level of security of personal data which kept in a non-electronic environment are also treated with prior procedures.
DATA SUBJECT’S OBLIGATIONS & THE RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECT
It is necessary for us to collect and to retain your personal data and it is also obligatory for you to supply personal data to us in the most accurate manner. You have the rights:
1. To request access to personal data
You have the right to request for access in personal data processed by us on with reasonable notice.
2. To request correction of personal data
You have the right to request for correction and/or update of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated.
3. To limit processing of your personal data
You are entitled to limit our processing of personal data by expressly withdrawing the consent given previously, in each case, including for direct marketing purposes subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and within a reasonable time period.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
INQUIRIES AND COMPLAINTS
Should you require further information about the personal data we hold or the way in which your information is being collected or used which are not answered by this notice please contact or write to us at 03-6100 1688 or Email: email@example.com.